Here are the 5 key schemes and initiatives he announced:
- 18,500 villages that are still without power to be provided electricity in the next 1,000 days; house and basic services like electricity for all by 2022.
- The government will club 44 labour laws into four codes to simplify them for the people.
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana - the Prime Minister's agriculture and irrigation Scheme launched with an outlay of Rs 50,000 crore.
- Ministry of Agriculture will be renamed as the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers' Welfare.
- "Start-Up India" initiative launched to encourage entrepreneurship among the youth.