- The candidates may give option up to 30 districts in order of preference, wherever vacancies are available.
- Passing of required training and the score in OTET mandatory for all candidates.
- Selection list shall be prepared & will be valid for 100% of the vacancies of the districts.
- The maximum age limit shall be as per the guidelines for engagement of Sikshya Sahayaks i.e. 32 years for UR candidates with relaxation of 05 years in case of SC, ST, Women, ex-Servicemen and SEBC candidates and 10 years in case of PwD candidates as on the date of publication of the advertisement.
In order to be eligible for Urdu, Bengali, Telugu Sikshya Sahayaks, candidates must have passed Urdu, Bengali, Telugu as the case may be as MIL up to HSC standard. Since their engagement is likely to be held in the bilingual schools, such candidates shall produce a certificate from the Head Master of the concerned schools to the effect that she/he has passed HSC examination in Odia medium. Candidates can apply either in Category-1 or in Category-2 as per their qualification.
- Teaching in the school shall be the main duty of the Sikshya Sahayaks.
- They must maintain regularity and punctuality in attending school.
- They must ensure completion of entire curriculum within the specified time.
- They must assess the learning ability of each child and accordingly supplement additional instructions if any as required.
- They must ensure minimum level of learning (MLL) for the students as prescribed by the Competent Authority (School & Mass Education Department).
- They must ensure at least 90% attendance of the children in respective schools in all classes.
- They shall reduce the dropout of the children in school.
- They shall motivate the parents / guardians of the village in which Primary School is situated for enrolment of children within the age group of 6 to l4 years. lt shall be his/her duty to contact parents / guardians in case children fail to attend classes regularly and get back such children to the classes.
- They will hold regular meeting with parents and guardians and apprise them about the regularity in attendance, ability to learn, progress made in learning and any relevant information about the child.
- They shall perform all such other duties as assigned to them by the competent authority as and when required.
- They shall abide by the rationalization of teachers policy of Govt. as issued from time to time.
- Whenever applicable they will work under the administrative control of
- Head Pandit /Head Master or Head Mistress in charge of the school to which he/she is assigned. They shall perform the duties as will be entrusted upon him/her by the concerned Head Pandit /Head Master or Head Mistress.
- They may be assigned any other work in furtherance of the objective of universalisation of Primary Education//RTE Act by Chief Executive Offlcer, Zilla Parishad or any other authority as decided by Government in School & Mass Education Department from time to time
- The engagement shall be cancelled, if any fraudulent testimonial